Thursday, November 16, 2017

Mermaid (I Got Nothing.)

Whatever the dog has I've got it too. I was home yesterday (and today) trying not to cough. And sleeping. I am so exhausted. All I can manage is to stitch and watch tv. (And, apparently, let the dog out 100 times. What does she do when no one is here to let her out? Why can't she do that when I'm home?)

I picked up Off the Deep End by Raise the Roof Designs. I am stitching it on (I think) Gunmetal WDW fabric probably 28 ct. I am stitching with the prescribed colors. I worked on this the last time I did a project a day in November. This time I finished the orange flower, added the goldfish (it's probably supposed to be a saltwater fish, but it is stitched with Crescent Colors goldfish so it will be a goldfish to me forever), did the lower ribbon, and started the seaweed. It feels like a great accomplishment.

In fact, writing this feels like an accomplishment. I have to go back to sleep!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

Hope you feel better. It looks great!

Linda said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon Nikki. Nice progress.

Linda

Robin in Virginia said...

I think you got a good bit accomplished on the mermaid piece. Sorry you are feeling poorly; hope you are on the mend soon.

diamondc said...

Anna: Iknpw what you mean about the dogs, it seems they just want toms,e us work for them. I hope you have honey in the house that helps me to not cough if I have a cough
Great progress on you Mermaid, I love the fishy.

Blessings
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Mermaid is lovely with her goldfish.
Sorry you're poorly, I have had a poorly boy off school all week. He seems to have bounced back now though - just in time for the weekend!

Von said...

Hope you can get some rest this weekend and feel better! At least you were able to get in a bit of stitching. :)

Beth said...

Sorry to hear you and Stella are ill-well.