Thursday, January 25, 2018

Still with the Perforated Paper

Things began so promisingly, didn't they? Two and a half weeks ago, I took this picture for you of my Lapland Santa. Things aren't going well for this guy. His reindeer pal needs to have an amputation of that hind leg. It's off--again--by a different stitch somewhere.Nevertheless, there has been some forward momentum; you can see what he looked like last time here.

And then...movies, drinks, reading, marching, stamping.

No stitching. No blogging. No visiting the bloggers.
My friend Nicole had a birthday and she made us all do crafts. I tie-dyed this scarf. it looks like three or more colors but that's just the way the purple dye shook out. I feel like I made out on this deal because this was super-easy (fold in half, twist into a spiral, bind, squirt, done) but it looks pretty good though I say it myself.

I got my hair done on Tuesday, and took out Sweet Baby Ray's ornament, so I am back to stitching. Let's hope I can keep some momentum on the stitching and have something to show you again soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Berit said...

Those mill hill perforated kits are Hard! (er that they look, at least!) I'm toiling on one of the stockings after a stitching hiatus, and it feels impossible to read! Keep in mind that I became a 90% prairie schooler stitcher a few years ago and take my comments with a grain of salt! Your Santa is looking good, and rather finished (stitching, at least)!

Pamela said...

I've had Mill Hill projects that ook year because of counting issues. Stick with it! Love the scarf!

Beth said...

Off by one stitch - that should be in my obit!

Maggie said...

Same here, started of with good blogging intentions but got side tracked.

Love how the scarf came out :-)

Robin in Virginia said...

What a great looking scarf you were "made" to make! Sorry about the deer and the counting mistake. Enjoy your weekend!

Paula said...

Just keep stitchin' girl! Love the scarf!

Linda said...

Santa looks great Nikki. Be gentle with the deer's amputation.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The scarf is lovely and so easy to make. Compared to reindeer with wonky legs anyway!

Julie said...

Nice scarf, great idea for girls to do together.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh no, no way to fudge it?
I love your scarf, it turned out beautifully.

diamondc said...

Anna: I love the Santa, poor deer leg, I hate ripping on perforated paper.
Love the scarf, it is very pretty.

Blessings
Catherine